Dramatis is the Drama School with a Heart for All Ages.
That means we’re a multi-generational drama school that is rooted in kindness.
We believe that by creating a kind and supportive environment, we build confidence in pupils of all ages. This naturally leads to them performing better, whether that be on the stage or in daily life.
Below are just a few ways we demonstrate this ethos:
1) Our teaching style is focused on supporting and encouraging pupils – unlike more competitive drama schools, no one is shouted at and no one is forced to perform. Dramatis classes create an environment of trust which enables pupils and participants to relax and be themselves.
2) We actively highlight kindness during lessons and encourage pupils to give positive feedback to each other.
3) Our Youth Drama Lessons follow the Trinity College syllabus which uses a positive marking system (i.e. points do not get deducted for mistakes, but given for successes)
4) We send end of term report cards to parents/carers of our Youth Drama Lessons highlighting kind traits and deeds their children have shown and done during term.
5) We arrange local performances to better integrate with and give back to the local community. For example, our Adult Drama group has performed at a care home and our Youth Drama group has performed at a local museum.