Dramatis is the Drama School with a Heart for All Ages.
We’re a multi-generational drama school that is rooted in kindness and consideration. By creating an encouraging and supportive environment, we build confidence in pupils of all ages. This naturally leads to them performing better, whether that be on the stage or in daily life.
Below are just a few ways we demonstrate this ethos:
1) We actively encourage and highlight kindness during lessons and encourage pupils and participants to give positive feedback to each other.
2) Our Youth Drama lessons follow the Trinity College syllabus which uses a positive marking system (i.e. points do not get deducted for mistakes, but given for successes)
3) Our pupils wear the Dramatis t-shirt to class to remind them that they are part of the Dramatis family.
4) We send end of term report cards to parents/carers of our youth classes highlighting kind traits and deeds their children have shown and done during term.
5) We arrange local performances to better integrate with and give back to the local community. For example, our Adult Drama group has performed at a care home and our Youth Drama group has performed at a local museum.