Drama offers a huge number of benefits to all types of children and teenagers. It’s not just for extraverts or those who love to perform – drama teaches valuable skills that young people can use throughout their lives. Below are just 5 reasons why your child should get involved in drama activities with Dramatis:
1) To help boost their confidence and self esteem
2) To help increase their empathy skills
3) To help improve their social skills
4) To nourish their imagination (in a tech dominated world!)
5) To encourage their creativity and self-expression
Due to Covid, all youth drama activities are currently online (see the COVID-19 section for further information) and are helping young people through this difficult time. For our younger pupils (and their parents!), online sessions are harnessing frustrated energy and channeling it in to a structured activity whilst for our teenagers, online sessions provide an opportunity to explore current thoughts and emotions with their peers.